Friday, July 22, 2016

One Day I'll Fly Away


Upon going through my blog drafts I found some art journal pages I had completed and photographed, but not shared. I thought it would be nice to share with you some of my pages here and there. 

I colored the background of this with Pan Pastels in pink and green. (Forgive me, I can't remember the names! ) Washi tape was also added across the back of the page before I used the Pan Pastels. Once they were applied, I set them with water, let it dry and used a stencil and some black paint to create the feathers. I believe the stencil is by The Crafters Workshop. All of the white detail was done using a white pen and white paint pen. Super simple and makes a bold statement on black. 

The simplicity of the page is what I love and why I did it this way to begin with. Sometimes simple is just the way to go. 

I wrote the words, "One day I'll fly away" at the bottom. It's something that when I get down I get stuck in my head. So although the page seems happy, at the time I made it, I was in a darker place. I often feel as though getting away would be best, even if just leaving my life for a while and driving off. Maybe I could get myself together. Maybe my family would be happier for a little while. Of course, this is what I think when I am down. I know this is not the truth. But it needs to be said and documented, which is the entire reason I love art journaling. It's much easier for me than a diary. There are just times where I can't put all I am feeling into words and need to put it on paper with color. 

What do you do when you feel down? If you art journal, paint or love to create, what have you made lately? Link me in the comments, I would love to stop by your blog and take a look! 


Follow Me on Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read what you have to say! Leave me a message and I'd love to come visit you!!