Friday, April 18, 2014

Art Journal Swap - My Book

Since discovering art journaling I've been fortunate enough to meet some more wonderful artists on my journey, and for the past couple of months have been participating in an art journal swap hosted by the awesome Frog Dog Studio.  We are each in a group with other participants, and are using our OLW for the year, or a favorite phrase which each participant in our group will use to make their spread in our respective journals. :) It's a lot of fun.

My OLW for the year is Faith. For myself, this isn't faith as in God, or the Bible. Personally, I need to have more faith in myself and the things that I can do. So many times I doubt myself and my ability to succeed and get things done. I need to stop worrying that I will fail and focus more on believing in myself. It's about having faith in oneself.

Here is my cover. I LOVE butterflies and wanted to have them incorporated in the album cover, as well as use Neocolor II crayons which are my current favorite art product to work with. This definitely incorporates my favorites. After I finished my cover, I wanted to make sure that I protected it somehow, so I used self leveling gel by Golden to cover the entire cover and back. 

I added an envelope to the back inside cover of my journal for my fellow swappers to leave notes, business cards, or anything else they want. I tried to keep the colors similar to my cover... but used acrylic paints this time. 

My first spread in the journal. I incorporated all of my favorite colors, textures and of course, a butterfly. 

Because the one page spread just wasn't enough for me, I had to do a two-page spread as well in the journal. I used some Pan Pastels, gelatos and paint pens along with my stencils.  

This journal swap has been a lot of fun thus far. I have worked on several journals already and can't wait to see all of the work that has been done in mine. I love seeing other peoples work, and I especially love seeing how others interpret someone else's word or ideas. 

As soon as the swap is over, I will be sure to share all of the work by the awesome artists in my group! 

See you soon! 


Follow Me on Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read what you have to say! Leave me a message and I'd love to come visit you!!