Monday, March 3, 2014

Talk is Cheap - Art Journal Page

Thought I would pop in and share a page from my journal today.

We had a bit of a storm yesterday, and had enough ice and snow that school was called off. So, the kiddos are home with me today, well at least starting in the afternoon, since they were at their dad's this weekend. I miss them when they aren't here for a few days. This momma gets a bit lonely for her little ones. :) So I am definitely looking forward to seeing them.

The quote on my page today is from one of my favorite songs by Nanci Griffith, "Outbound Plane." It's such a great song. Country singer Suzi Bogguss covered it and made it pretty famous. However, I am partial to the original. Truth be  told, I messed up this particular lyric. The line should actually be "talk is cheap so we COULD talk all night long." I used can instead of could. A mistake that I feel I should share, especially since I do love the song so much.

Since the last time I blogged, things have gotten a bit better in my world. I'm still pretty down about some things, but it will pass with time. Acknowledging that I am going through this was the first step. I'm spending as much time with my family as possible, and not putting myself in situations where I am super uncomfortable. I would rather not have to take medication when I feel like this, but sometimes it can't be avoided.

Austin had a presentation on Friday on his Famous Missourian. All of the kids in his grade each had a famous person from Missouri, or affiliated with Missouri who they did research on so that they could create a three minute presentation. They dressed up as their famous person and pretended they were a living wax figure in a wax museum. It was so much fun so see the kids give their speeches. Austin did so well! I was such a proud momma!!


Austin was Harry S. Truman. Doesn't he look adorable?? We took some of Keith's old glasses and took out the lenses. He even wore his suit!! Love it!

I will see you all soon! Have a wonderful Monday!! 


The elements in my page are from Deviant Scrap. I used the Just Go With It Kit from Crowabout StudioB by Nancy Baumiller  for my girl. The background is Dylusions. The girl's head is from Dyan Reavely's class I took last October. 




Follow Me on Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read what you have to say! Leave me a message and I'd love to come visit you!!